If you would have met me back in 2009 I would probably have had a different thoughts about living in Clarksville, TN. When I first arrived here in June 2009 I was 20 years old. Coming from NY/NJ it was a huge culture shock however after having my daughter I saw Clarksville in a different light and fell in love with it.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons why:
1. 101st Airborne DivisionFort Campbell, KY – Home of 101st Airborne. Making it not only a base with extensive military history but also one to be proud and thankful for. Clarksville, TN is also accessible to Military Families within minutes for those who prefer to live in TN.
2. Southern Hospitality – While would most argue whether TN is a southern state or not; there’s no doubt about it that southern hospitality definitely lives here. Coming from NY/NJ I was used to people being rude and snooty. It was definitely something I come to notice & love quickly about living in TN. Don’t get me wrong there are still rude people here as there are everywhere but it’s very rare I ever come across it 🙂
3. It’s Rapid Pace of Growing – It’s no secret that Clarksville, Tn is rapidly growing into what well may well be another TN well known city. It’s rapid growth has allowed businesses to expand and lots of New Construction Homes to be built while still having that small town country feel. For me it’s the perfect place in between city life & that of the country.
4. The Cost of Living – Coming from NY/NJ I was definitely surprised at what the cost of living was in clarksville. Living in NY/NJ is expensive! Since just about everything is overpriced you tend to get very little for your money. While I will always consider NY/NJ my 1st home. Living in Clarksville has allowed me to purchase a 3bd 2bth w/Bonus 1750sqft new construction home for A LOT less than I would have been able to in NY/NJ. Clarksville definitely has spoiled me to say the very least.
5. All 4 Seasons – Clarksville, TN has a little bit of everything when it comes to the weather. I love that I am able to incorporate different fashion trends for spring, summer, fall & winter. While winter I would have to admit is my lease favorite of the four seasons, winters here tend to be mild compared to back home so of course I’m not complaining lol. Spring, summer & fall tend to linger a lot longer also which I love 😀
Do you love living in Clarksville? What are some of your favorite things about living here?